General Terms and Conditions of Business
- These General Terms and Conditions of Business (as amended) shall apply to business relationships of any kind between Vardhaman Megatech Pvt. Ltd., DL Road, Kalachowki, Mumbai 400022 (hereinafter referred to as “VMT“) and the customer. Customers may be businesses or consumers. A consumer shall mean any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that can be primarily attributed neither to a trade nor a profession. A business shall mean a natural or legal person or a partnership with legal capacity which, in concluding a legal transaction, is acting in the exercise of its trade or profession.
- The product display in the online store does not constitute a legally binding offer; instead it is merely a non-binding online catalogue of the range of products available. By clicking ‘Buy’, the customer makes a legally binding commitment to purchase the goods in the shopping basket. The customer shall receive an order confirmation immediately after the order has been submitted. The sales contract shall only enter into effect upon receipt of our separate order confirmation. The contract is stored, and the order data and General Terms and Conditions are sent to the customer by email. Customers can view all of their previous orders by logging into the customer service pages of the website.
- VMT reserves the right to refuse to perform the service promised if it becomes apparent after concluding the Contract that the goods are not available although a corresponding contractual transaction has been concluded. In such a case, the customer shall be notified immediately. Any considerations which have already been provided shall be reimbursed without delay. Further claims against VMT are excluded.
- The contractual language is English.
- If the customer is a business, delivery shall generally take place at the customer’s risk. This also applies for partial deliveries. If the customer is a consumer, the risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the sold goods shall only pass to the customer upon handover of the item, even in case of sales involving the carriage of goods. Handover shall be deemed to have taken place even if the buyer delays in accepting the goods. Delivery shall be to the delivery address specified by the customer.
- Prices shown are including GST, if nothing other stated. Depending on the tax rules of your country, GST may be added to the invoice or be payable at your local customs office.
- Domestic deliveries within India are priced at INR 1200 per order. For orders in excess of INR 5000, we will post goods within India free of shipping costs. The international shipping charges are available under shipping. Additional customs duties and charges for deliveries to countries outside India (third countries) shall be borne by the customer.
- The goods must be thoroughly inspected by the customer or an authorised individual upon receipt in order to detect any transportation damage if the customer is a merchant. Customers who are merchants must ensure that any transportation and packaging damage detected is confirmed in writing by the carrier upon delivery and reported. We also ask, without legal obligation, that customers who are consumers notify us of any clearly identifiable transportation damage.
3. Returns Policy
Receive a refund for any reason if you return a product within 15 days of your delivery date that is still in brand new condition with the original packaging and with all items delivered with the product.
Please note: Refunds processed against "Non satisfaction" returns will not include the charges paid towards shipping/logistics at the time of placing the order, except in case of a product having a defect/damage at the time of delivery
For products returned with the following conditions below, a 15% product missing/damaged fee will be deducted from the refunded amount.
- Wear and tear on the product like small scratches and dents
- Damage to the original manufacturing box or accessories
- Missing box items like an owner’s manual or software/ driver CD’s, etc.
- Damage or dents incurred during the return shipping process
- Tampered / Missing barcode from the product
Refunds will not be processed for products with more significant damage or missing significant accessories, like connector cables, or DC power supplies.
Return Policy Exceptions
- Products received with physical damage must be reported to VMT within 2 days of the delivery date.
- Products received with missing accessories should be reported within 5 days of the delivery date. Claims made post this period will not be honoured.
- Products purchased as Open Box cannot be returned. All Open Box sales are final. Open Box products have been tested and are guaranteed to be functional. If you have a reason to believe that your open box product is non-functional, please contact us on helpdesk@VMT.com with video evidence. Product malfunction for open-box products is covered by VMT, and they enjoy a 2-year Standard VMT warranty as all other products.( open Box B stock products are covered by a 1 year warranty)
- We do not accept returns for the following items:
- All Microphones and all Headphones/ Earphones such as In-ear monitors, True Wireless Earphones, and Headphones – due to hygiene /Covid-19 risks from potential exposure to the mouth/ear area (unless there is a case of product malfunction/product defect) .
- Opened software products.
- All products with manufacturer seal. Once the seal is opened it cannot be assigned to another user, and hence vmt cannot accept the return unless there is a case of product malfunction.
- Audio Interfaces, Midi Keyboards or any other product that entails registration in order to be used. Once registered, the product cannot be reassigned, and hence VMT cannot accept the return.
- Gift Cards and Gift Vouchers
- Products damaged due to the use of an inappropriate power supply or products that were damaged due to voltage stability issues will not be accepted as returns.
- Products that show wilful damage will not be accepted as returns.
Note* - In case VMT is unable to pick-up your shipment due to certain unforeseen circumstance, you may have to ship the products to our facility. The logistic charges involved in these cases would be refunded back to you after the product reaches us.
Unless you have received a damaged or defective product or a product different than the one you have ordered, you are responsible for shipping the product back to our facility near Mumbai.
If you would like to return a product, it is required to call us as soon as possible at +91-22-43432222. All returns must be authorised and the return shipment must be mailed within 15 days of receiving the original shipment.
The refund will be initiated only after the package has been received back at our facility. The refunded amount will be transferred, as per banking and payment gateway norms, within 5 to 7 business days of the receipt of the returned shipment.
Send your return to:
Vardhaman Megatech Pvt. Ltd,
The Online Returns Dept., Vardhaman House, DL Road, Kalachowki, Mumbai 400033
4. Due date and payment terms
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, invoices from VMT must be paid in full without delay. Payment is to be made in cash on delivery. Orders paid in advance will be shipped upon receipt of payment. For payments by credit card, the actual sum shall be debited when the invoice is issued and the goods are shipped. The total amount shall be reserved on the customer’s credit card as soon as the online order is submitted.
- VMT reserves the right to decline cheques and other non-cash means of payment. Acceptance of these methods shall be for the purpose of payment only. Foreign currency payments shall be credited according to our bank statement. The bank fees must be borne by the customer.
- If the customer falls into default on the payment of the purchase price, interest is to be paid on the total purchase price at five percentage points above the respective base rate for the duration of the delay. If VMT is able to prove that greater damages were suffered as a result of the default, VMT shall be entitled to assert the corresponding claims on these grounds.
5. Retention of title
- If the customer is a merchant, the goods supplied shall remain the property of VMT until all of the outstanding claims against the customer, including any existing ancillary receivables, have been paid in full. In case of contracts concluded with consumers, VMT shall reserve the right of retention for the goods until the purchase price has been paid in full.
- The customer shall not be entitled to sell the goods to third parties or to take any other measures which could put the ownership of VMT at risk until the purchase price has been paid in full. The customer hereby assigns to VMT any future claims against the buyer in the amount of the purchase price agreed between VMT and the customer, including interest and ancillary payments. VMT accepts this assignment.
6. Place of fulfilment and place of jurisdiction
- The law of the Republic of India shall apply with the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Should the purchaser also be the consumer, this only applies to the extent that they do not lose the protection of binding legal provisions of their state of usual residence.
- The place of fulfilment for all services and products arising from business transactions with VMT shall be Mumbai, insofar as the customer is a merchant, a legal person governed by public law or a special fund under public law.
- If the customer is a merchant, legal person governed by public law or special fund under public law, Mumbai shall be the exclusive place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising directly or indirectly from the contractual relationship with the customer or from these General Terms and Conditions of Business.
7. Alternative dispute resolution
The seller is not obliged and is not prepared on principle to participate in a dispute settlement proceeding in front of a consumer arbitration board.
8. Closing provision
If any of these provisions cannot be applied for whatever reason, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.